:: Re: [DNG] Please keep 32-bits alive
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Please keep 32-bits alive
Le 25/07/2017 à 00:34, Alessandro Selli a écrit :
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2017 at 21:52:23 +0200
> Ruediger Meier <sweet_f_a@???> wrote:

>>> Clean written code should not care about pointers or integers are 32
>>> or 64 bit or byte order. Code written in a higher language should run
>>> on any hardware, otherwise I call it "defect".
>> In theory you may have right but in practice I guess most currently used
>> code would not run correctly on 16bit machines.
>>
>> In practice you have to run and test the code on all target
>> architectures to keep it portable.
>    Right.  Remember the Ariane!

> https://around.com/ariane.html

     Even with a high level language carefully designed to discourage
loose programming and dirty low-level tricks, it is still possible,
although with strong efforts, to fuck the compiler and keep programming
at a very low level. And, unfortunately, there are programmers who like
doing such things.

     Didier