:: Re: [DNG] [Desktop-Environment] Cin…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Gulbrandsen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] [Desktop-Environment] Cinnamon and MATE
Rick Moen writes:
> Quoting KatolaZ (katolaz@???):
>> All those users are being left without any other choice than throwing
>> their hw away by many distributions, without a concrete motivation
>> (well, except the usual "it's old so it must be thrown away", which is
>> as popular as lame these days...)
>>
>> Why should Devuan do the same?
>
> IMO: Because of the year on the current calendar.

An old colleague of mine, when I worked at a linux distributor, put it like
this: "The good users are the ones who choose <x> because <x> is what they
want. Advertising support for old hardware is looking for trouble. What you
get from that is users whose hardware is too old or too halfbroken to run
windows. They're a support drain, and they're always telling others how <x>
doesn't work."

Arnt