:: Re: [DNG] [Desktop-Environment] Cin…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John Morris
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] [Desktop-Environment] Cinnamon and MATE
On Fri, 2017-07-21 at 16:25 -0500, Don Wright wrote:
> Dragan FOSS wrote:
> >I think it's best to drop 32-bit support at all... it's such a waste of
> >time and resources.
>

> As long as you're pruning, kill x64 as well, because the majority of
> computers sold are using ARM architecture and run Android or iOS.

I think you are joking, but it helps not to confuse the three big forks

1. Linux / GNU / X, this is the fork Devuan is on and few Devuan
installs are on ARM. At this late date, there probably aren't many on
x86_32 either. Which is why discussion of eliminating a big chunk or
archive space and compile time will continue to recur until eventually
nobody can muster a good argument for continuing.

2. Linux / Android, that is what is on most "smart" phones, "smart"
TVs, tablets, etc.

3. Linux / RedHat, SystemD and the rest of RedHat OS, found on too many
former LGX distros.