:: Re: [DNG] reportbug is the stable r…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Boruch Baum
A: DNG_mailing_list
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] reportbug is the stable repository
On 2017-07-21 13:57, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 08:39:50AM -0400, Boruch Baum wrote:
> > Thanks for a quick response.
> >

> > On 2017-07-21 13:24, KatolaZ wrote:
> > > Which version of reportbug are you using?
> >
> > The offending version was 6.6.6~bpo8+1, and the upgraded (current)
> > version is 7.1.6+devuan2.1.
>
> So it was not Devuan's incompetence, for once :)

Well, that's a bit premature. And possibly over-sensitive . . .

> > > jessie has 6.6.3+devuan1.3,
> >
> > That version does show up on my apt-cache policy output, pinned to the
> > default 990 from http://auto.mirrors.devuan.org/merged jessie/main.
> >
> > However, version 6.6.6~bpo8+1 was likewise pinned to the default 990
> > from http://auto.mirrors.devuan.org/merged jessie-backports/main
>
> So it's not installed because you have pinned a repo manually, which
> again is not Devuan's fault....

1] Not so, sherlock. Better to ask me: Did you Boruch pin that manually?
No, Enzo, I did no such thing.

1.1] But Boruch, did you double-check? Yes, Enzo, I did, and there is
something curious, in that I don't see anywhere in /etc/apt anything
being pinned explicitly to value 990. Where else should I look?

2] Isn't it a legitimate devuan package from a legitimate currently
supported devuan repository?

3] Isn't it doing something quite unacceptable that it should never have
been doing in the first place?

4] Sholdn't it be fixed, or removed, and / or have users pointed to an
upgrade path?

--
hkp://keys.gnupg.net
CA45 09B5 5351 7C11 A9D1 7286 0036 9E45 1595 8BC0