:: Re: [DNG] WICD & DNS & IPv6
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Alessandro Selli
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: dng
Αντικείμενο: Re: [DNG] WICD & DNS & IPv6
On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 at 20:41:25 +0200
Joachim Fahrner <jf@???> wrote:

> Hi,
> since Gnome network manager depends on systemd, I have to use wicd on my
> notebook. And since my internet provider does not allow to change dns
> setting on their router, I only can change it on my notebook.
> But wicd does not accept ipv6 addresses in the dns fields. Is there some
> other way to supersede the dhclient dns settings on Devuan?

You can set name servers by hand in /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf.
Would you want to prevent the DHCP daemon to set them, you could set a line
like:

request subnet-mask, broadcast-address, time-offset, routers,
                domain-name, host-name;

(that is, you leave out "domain-name-servers") and then you can set your own
resolvers with:

append domain-name-servers ::ip:address:dns1, ::ip:address:dns2;

Or you could take the DHCPD's server and prepend your own with a line like
the abose with "prepend" instead of "append". I hope it's going to work with
IPv6 addresses too, I never tried it with those.

Bye,

--
Alessandro Selli http://alessandro.route-add.net
VOIP SIP: dhatarattha@???