:: Re: [DNG] WICD & DNS & IPv6
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Antony Stone
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] WICD & DNS & IPv6
On Thursday 20 July 2017 at 07:18:34, Joachim Fahrner wrote:

> Am 2017-07-19 22:21, schrieb Antony Stone:
> > Also, "some network problems" is not a very helpful bug report :)
> >
> > If you're going to say that something doesn't work properly, please at
> > least say *how* it doesn't work properly...
>
> I'm sorry, but I did not have the time to investigate this further.
> There were intermittent connectivity problems. Since they never happened
> with wicd, the easiest way was to switch back to wicd. Intermittent
> connectivity problems are extremely difficult to analyze, because you
> cannot reproduce them on demand. So how would you describe them for a
> bug report?

Well, "intermittent connectivity" is a good start :)

"Some network problems" could mean anything - connectivity, latency,
bandwidth, CPU usage, changing IP addresses... the list goes on.

Any detail at all is better than no detail.

Antony.

--
"this restriction will not apply in the event of the occurrence (certified by
the United States Centers for Disease Control or successor body) of a

- https://aws.amazon.com/service-terms/ paragraph 57.10

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.