:: Re: [DNG] VBScript Injection via GN…
Góra strony
Autor: Rick Moen
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] VBScript Injection via GNOME Thumbnailer
Quoting Adam Borowski (kilobyte@???):

> But _why_ would you say this is an excuse? Wine is an unrelated piece of
> software, and it's not a bug in Wine.

I agree with your well-stated take on this. I'm merely pointing out that the
original statement that GNOME's thumbnailer displays the indicated bug
behaviour should be amended: It displays that bug behaviour if the
system also has WINE installed.

WINE is a fine and useful package (and this bug isn't its fault). My
point is merely that in the _general_ case, it would not be expected to
accompany GNOME. (I'm very much not a GNOME fan.)

(I wasn't really making an _excuse_ for GNOME, but even saying anything
in favour of it makes me feel vaguely unclean. ;-> My wording was
somewhere on the spectrum between poor word choice and a mild gag that
didn't work well.)