:: Re: [DNG] "Stretch" plans
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: KatolaZ
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] "Stretch" plans
On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 04:50:15AM -0400, Fungi4All wrote:
> > From: maildoneright@???
> > To: Dng <dng@???>
> > I realize you just released Jessie Devuan --
> > and I also realize how difficult the task was;
> > but are is there a target date for a Devuan Stretch version?
>
> The way I understand is that Debian Jessie (a comic character) matches thr
> Devuan Jessie (astronomical name for an actual solar object). Ascii is stretch
> free of systemd and ceres is buster free of systemd. At least most of the
> pkg versions seem to match. It is just that ascii is not labeled stable yet, that's
> all. I am running ceres and openbox on amd64 as I write, if I face any breakage
> I will report here from my OpenRC Manjaro 17.02 Linux 4.12.2

There is only a slight (but important) mistake there. To recap:

- Devuan Jessie is the current stable and merges Debian Jessie
- Devuan Ascii will be the next stable and merged Debian Stretch
- Devuan Beowulf will be the next testing, and will follow Ascii
- Devuan Ceres is and will always be unstable

HTH

KatolaZ