:: Re: [DNG] Forums: was I have a ques…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Miroslav Rovis
Aan: Renaud OLGIATI
CC: dng
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: Re: [DNG] Sexual politics and society: [was: Forums: was I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii, ]
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Forums: was I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On 170716-13:18-0400, Renaud OLGIATI wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 15:59:35 +0000
> Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@???> wrote:
>
> > Can't trust modern translations of Bible, actually so much undeserving
> > of trust that they verge on disgusting...
>
> yet modern translations often are from better ancient texts, which helps in the accuracy.

The modern translators do not deserve my blind trust in the least.

This modern day and age that we live in, in which perversion is decided to be normal by a vote of medical scientists, and a vote that was just slightly in favor (as there were many votes against that decision, just not the majority) of the decision how that particular aberration in human sexual behavior that up until that vote was deemed a desease... That that aberration in human sexual behavior which consisted in attraction and sexual relashionship btwn man and man and woman and woman instead of btwn man an woman only, how that aberation ceases, by a medical vote, to be desease, and becomes normal, and since then, by law, in many countries, even contradicting that such behavior be normal can put you in trouble...

This modern day when it must be accepted by anybody that perversion (perversion as, erhm, scientists claimed it to be, up until that vote, and can something be truth at one time, and then the same thing become false in a blink of an... vote?)...

This modern day when it must be accepted by anybody that perversion is a normal behavior, else you are labeled bad names and labeled something like anti-human... Else you are evicted from communities... Because the truth about those facts "changed" and now you are under legal obligation to accept to new truth about those facts...

And what do you want me to? To trust that in this age, as described above by the worse, as well as the most stupid, and mind boggling aspect of it... No, I'm not out of topic here, I'm not. This is what marks the global society today, these new truths... It imbibes it all through, down to Churches and theology...

You want me to trust that in this age of ours theologians have become so clever that all the previous ones were only like little kids, maybe smart, but, aarrghh... their works based on such poor sources, lacking in real knowledge, or their understanding so limited... All the previous theologians in comparison to this day were... probably... stupid, eh??

And what do you want me to? To believe that the Hebrew sources were found just recently and didn't exist previously, such as in Jerome's time (|V century p.C.)? That Jerome's knowledge of Hebrew was so poor that his translation of Bible was rife with approximations...

No, I trust that ancient Church father, whom all the Christian denominations accept, so much more than the new translations. I had, time ago, read modern commentaries on some Old Testament texts, and the feeling still remains of nausea, with all the approximation of the contemprary exegesis... And of the denial of almost any supernatural meanings of the Holy Texts.

It's exactly the other way round, than what you say about accuracy futher above, and suppose below.

> Sad to say, but why would you read a translation into Latin when you can read one int French or English ?

I plan to read Latin Vulgate because I already know some Latin, and unfortunately no Greek, and I don't believe I would find time to learn Greek, or Hebrew, to be able to read the originals...

I plan to read Latin Vulgate, IOW, basically, Jerome's translation of the Bible, because I believe his is the closest translation to the originals.

---
P.S. I hope no one will produce any hatred of same-sex people out of my words above. By all means, pls. no!, I only regard those facts to be truthful as deemed, by a long standing majority, previously to that medical scientists vote, and false after that vote. IOW that the behavior of those people is an aberration, is a disease. Such people need help to get normal. But I don't hate them by any means. And I oppose any discrimination against them. They are of course human beings as any other human beings. With all the rights as any other human beings.

P.S.2 I think I can be considered as belonging to a minority. A Catholic... right... :) But I'm really half joking here.... No, we, be it Catholics, Orthodox, or Christians of other denominations, we'll be around almost forever and longer, don't worry! And also other long-standing world religions will be lasting longer yet... As well as any respectful belief in the Supernatural...

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia