:: Re: [DNG] kernel drivers [WAS: How …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] kernel drivers [WAS: How long should I expect to wait for openrc to be ready in devuan ascii]
Le 13/07/2017 à 18:03, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult a écrit :
> On 12.07.2017 15:23, Didier Kryn wrote:
>> Le 11/07/2017 à 21:22, Jamey Fletcher a écrit :
>>> That sounds suspiciously like you're working on the LHC! Or perhaps
>>> the
>>> VLA...
>>
>>      Particle Physics, although not LHC :-) Neutrino Physics.

> Ah, did you folks find a way for catching large quantities of them ?

     Something like 10^18 neutrinos cross everyone of us ( depends on
individual size :-) ), comming from the thermonuclear reactor at the
core of the sun. We catch a few hundreds of them per day in a 100t
detector (depends on energy threshold we can reach). They essentially
cross everything, including the big mass of the sun so that they reach
us 8mn after they have been emitted. Similarly, nuclear power plants
emit a lot of antineutrinos, so that we can detect a few of them. In
both cases they get transformed on their way - which is a simple proof
that they have a mass.

     Didier