:: Re: [DNG] Forums: was I have a ques…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Miroslav Rovis
A: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Forums: was I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On 170713-18:09+0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:
> On 13.07.2017 16:37, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
>
> > So true. I'm still banned from Gentoo Forums (also because I never asked to be
> > back; I didn't feel I was to blame in the least).
>
> By the way: heared some rumors that some people are banned from this
> list, too.

There were reports on the list, but have no extra time to search for them, how
some people, in indirect terms, by commenting on ongoing discussions, expressed
desire to be allowed back in. And that's the only way, this public list, that I
learned about them. They were even named, and the person reporting his (I think
it was a male) comments asked why he was banned? But there was no more talk on
the list about him.

If it is some serious fault, what can you?

But if it isn't, people should have a recourse. Really if, *if* it isn't which
I don't know if it is or isn't, but neither does the public, apparently, have
any means to know if it is or isn't some serious fault/transgression...

Really *if* it isn't some grave fault, then it can't be just a person or two
to decide and that's it... without any recourse to a broader, higher authority
in Devuan. And...

But I think it shouldn't be kept kind of secret who and why was banned. Unless
there are some rare, but those are really rare and do not comprise, say, vanity
hurt of some, say project leader, to make just a concrete example...

Unless there are some really serious reasons to not do it, the facts about
someone being banned need to be public to all the community.

...And (unless there are, but those are exceptions and vanity hurt is not such,
reasons to the contrary), that's not openness that is promised in the Devuan
constitution-in-the-making:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/wikis/DevuanConstitution

I know that paragraph 3.3:
https://git.devuan.org/devuan/devuan-project/wikis/DevuanConstitution#33-we-will-not-hide-problems
concerns bugs, but it is in the spririt of openness promised to apply such
attitude to not hiding problems with the nasty users, rebelious testers,
maverick/unruly devs, whoever...

I was banned in plain daylight from the Gentoo forums, some people expressed
regret with the way I was dealt with, and really wrote publicly such brief but
nice words in my favor... but it wasn't done secretly. And it always needs to
be openly done...

No secret backroom decisions like in Sylicon Valley Linux Users Group (IIRC),
like the note to SVLUG (IIRC) that Rick Moen gave link to, in maybe second or
third previous, chronologically, email of his, from this point, in this
thread...

Regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis