:: [devuan-dev] new server node
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jaromil
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: devuan developers internal list
Παλιά Θέματα: Re: [devuan-dev] (no subject)
Αντικείμενο: [devuan-dev] new server node

considering the sponsored servers are late to come and according to my
survey about prices, quality of support and conditions for additional
IPs, I believe we should consider using EX-41 on Hetzner for our hired
servers:

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ex

this will cost us 50eur/m ex-VAT for 30TB traffic and unlimited
internal traffic and 0.89eur/m per additional IP up to 6.

if more than 6 ips are needed then they should be ordered in a subnet
block and paid monthly, still prices are reasonable, see
https://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/IP-Adressen/en

If there are no objections from leading devs then I'll proceed with
this.

Daniel: we are still on time to move also the current gitlab server
there, what do you think? price is pretty much the same and internal
traffic is the main advantage for our ganeti. we would then start with
two of these servers on the same premises, with an infrastructure cost
of approx 1500, counting also 14 or 30 ips. Considering the current
state of donations in devuan we can maintain such a cost for at least
4 years from now. Donations keep coming ATM, but at a lower rate. I'm
confident our financial conditions will only improve in the future.

ciao