:: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet notes - Ju…
Top Pagina
Auteur: golinux
Aan: devuan-dev
Onderwerp: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet notes - July 12/13
Wednesday July 12/13/17

See you next week same time and places.

https://hangouts.google.com/call/c5nmnshndnce7ney24c6aezonae

Present: rrq, evilham, fsmithred, golinux, dimitsos, KatolaZ, Centurion,
PeteGozz, gnu_srs

Logs for amprolla:
   - http://amprolla.parazyd.cf/log/
   the duplicates are because i have to sort|uniq them
     oldpackages.txt + oldpkgs.txt (identical):
       - packages that have a newer version on debian (need update)
     libsystemd0.txt:
       - packages depending on libsystemd0
     libsystemd.txt:
       - packages depending on libsystemd
     amprolla.txt:
       - log of amprolla run
     bannedpackages.txt + bannedpkgs.txt (identical):
       - packages that are banned from entering to devuan due to
         dependency upon systemd directly
  * openssh-server's source package depends on a systemd package!
     (weirdness in amprolla libsystemd0 logging, needs investigation)

Documentation on the forum:
--> consolidate the "hacks" once they are "stable" enough in, e.g.
wiki
https://friendsofdevuan.org/doku.php/devuan_doc:root

# Katolaz

* got more powers on CI
* working on SCORSH -- should be able to start testing this week
* parazyd has worked on Contents.gz. Should be merged soon in amprolla3
* will put online binnit (pastebin-like) for Devuan in the next few days
* d1h new release (support for pbuilder)

* we should be moving dev1galaxy.org to our internal infra (server's
paid up until November)
- nginx
- php
- postgres
- fluxBB
- user access

Look for packages in jessie-proposed (it's usually a safe bet to check
amd64)

http://packages.devuan.org/devuan/dists/jessie-proposed/main/binary-amd64/

# parazyd
present on irc not on video

* i've said my part on the two latest devuan-dev mail threads
* everything is ready and i'm waiting on others now

# Centurion -
    - need to setup apt-mirror on o'beadly's to also track ascii and
ceres.
    - Worked out slim strategy with PeteGozz
    - Will talk to parazyd regarding infra access.
    - Will work on devuan-releasebot to add PPA and derivative support.
    - xfce4-settings, xfce4-panel and desktop-base for ascii and ceres
(offers for help would be appreciated)

# golinux
- will improve visibility of the "How you can help" list on the
website.
- Looking forward to SCORSH

# fsmithred

   - I can make a bootable live iso with debian-installer using Ozi's
additions.
    (Haven't tried a full devuan desktop yet, just base system + icewm)

     What about a version with eudev and openrc. Please instruct me and
I'll try to create one. No desktop needed!

# PeteGozz

     - I would like to say HI
     - Discuss Slim

I'll just build what is on debian
gut any themes
remove any sysD
May take a day or two
(not)
I will include consolekit
(and all it needs) for Jessie

apologies for the noise.
fwiw old work at
https://git.devuan.org/PeteGozz/slim-experimentz

Not going to awake for the meeting.
Slim Builds here and d1h builds debs here
With all the dbus and consolekit

for ascii-proposed
Its forked at the gitlab site.

Essentially its just the jessie version which is ...
However any attempt to make a real change ends in a git d1h (perl)
door opening contest lockup

I'm tired grumpy so I'll stop now.

# evilham

    - Status page for devuan infrastructure: http://devuan.evilham.com/
      * Will look into adding a list of outated packages and their
maintainers
      I built a proof-of-concept that checks that HTTP(S) f.d.o mirrors
are online and up-to-date.
      This can be extend to FTP and RSYNC mirrors (only needs a bit more
coding) as well as
      a check for Devuan's infrastructure and Devuan related sites
        - webpage on devuan.org
        - files.devuan.org
        - git.devuan.org
        - packages.d.o
        - amparolla.d.o (whose HTTPS cert btw is invalid because it's not
listed in the Alt. Subject Names)
        - dev1galaxy.org
        - friendsofdevuan.org
      The site itself consists two files: index.html and status.json
(plus the /ui files which are the same as d.o).
      The status.json file is meant to be a machine-readable source of
information, it is static though.
      Right now, these files are statically generated four times a day
since that's enough for the mirrors.

      If this is interesting for the Devuan project, the script can run
more often so that the info is up-to-date.
      Since it is only HEAD requests for HTTP(S) (for FTP an NLIST and
for RSYNC the equivalent) it's not a
      significant overhead on the servers.

      There are a couple anomalies with two mirrors:
        - curl -I https://mirror.netzspielplatz.de/devuan returns a 301
to http://mirror.int.planetexpress.cc/devuan/
          that domain does not resolve.
        - curl -I http://devuan.mirror.k0nsl.org/devuan_jessie.torrent
          devuan_jessie.torrent being one of the files whose timestamp is
checked.
          Returns a proper Last-Modified header but no Content-Length
header.
          This lead me to drop the Content-Length check.

      The server periodically running the script is configured to serve
those two files on devuan.evilham.com,
      status.devuan.org and status.friendsofdevuan.org.
      If deemed appropriate, adding DNS entries for those subdomains
would result in the page being live as soon as
      they propagate.
        * A entry / IPv4: 46.19.33.155
        * AAAA entry / IPv6: 2a02:2770::216:3eff:fee1:cf9

# gnu_srs (on pad)

     - Time to build test isos for d-i with eudev and openrc as default.
(dimitsos: will test when ready, although
       I may need some guidance on what possible bugs we 're looking for)
     - Fix the Sources file being empty for ascii-proposed and
experimental, making deb-src not working

# dimitsos (on pad and on irc)