Til: devuan developers internal list
Emne: Re: [devuan-dev] (no subject)
On Wed, 12 Jul 2017, Jaromil wrote:

> ACK
>
> thanks for the estimations.
>
> I'm curious to know if Parazyd's estimation is smaller because
> amprolla 3 actually optimises the space used and not only the speed.
>
> In any case we'll take 60GB as an estimation of the service and of
> course include also ceres in the plan.
>
> I will proceed ASAP with gaining another machine to connect to the
> current cluster you are maintaining, be it a donated server or a new
> hired one which I think we can well afford.

This instance doesn't write redundant files like the current production
does, and since today with KatolaZ's help it's also doing Contents files
so if you are using my instance, you will have apt-file working by the
end of the day.

Several issues did raise in the Devuan infrastructure:

* dak is writing Release headers incorrectly and I had to hardcode a
hack into amprolla to solve this (I really hope it will be fixed by
Dan or someone upstream, because amprolla is not only going to be used
by Devuan and we can't hardcode Devuan specifics into it)
Talking about:
`curl -s http://packages.devuan.org/devuan/dists/jessie/Release | sed 9q`

* The Devuan Contents files are broken/incomplete and not being
generated correctly. It would also be good to remove the garbage
header and information from them since Debian also removed it and it's
making it easier to parse this way and keep uniformity.

--
~ parazyd
GnuPG: 03337671FDE75BB6A85EC91FB876CB44FA1B0274