:: Re: [DNG] 404.
Página Principal
Autor: G.W. Haywood
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] 404.
Good morning,

On Tue, 11 Jul 2017, G.W. Haywood wrote:

> ... back with more dumb questions presently.

For those just joining us, I'm attempting to follow the instructions at

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=549

My guess is that nobody has yet followed these instructions for a new
project - at least nobody who was not already sufficiently familiar
with the process not to need them - because there seem to be places in
setting up a real project, as opposed to the null demonstration, where
things need to be done and decisions need to be made which are not
mentioned in the document. I'm happy to be testing the document. :)

Adding a public key to the personal profile at git.devuan.org has not
been mentioned thus far; it is mentioned now to list things to add to
the document. The need to avoid being sidetracked from the document
by clicking on any of the many dead links on the git.devuan.org pages
should also be mentioned. Hopefully when we've reached some sort of
an artistic conclusion we'll have in this thread a list of the things
I've learned that weren't documented. :)

laptop3:/opt/ged/git/devuan/pkg_openvpn/openvpn$ >>> d1h  prepare jessie-proposed
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
nothing to commit, working directory clean
[suites/jessie-proposed 3b9f7d1] creating suite suites/jessie-proposed
  1 file changed, 2 insertions(+)
  create mode 100644 debian/gbp.conf
[=  suite "master" ready =]
Switched to branch 'master'
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
laptop3:/opt/ged/git/devuan/pkg_openvpn/openvpn$ >>> d1h switch jessie-proposed
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
nothing to commit, working directory clean
[ switched to suite: jessie-proposed ]
laptop3:/opt/ged/git/devuan/pkg_openvpn/openvpn$ >>> apt-cache policy openvpn
openvpn:
   Installed: (none)
   Candidate: 2.3.4-5+deb8u2
   Version table:
      2.4.0-6+deb9u1~bpo8+1 0
         100 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-backports/main amd64 Packages
      2.3.4-5+deb8u2 0
         500 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie-security/main amd64 Packages
      2.3.4-5+deb8u1 0
         500 http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/ jessie/main amd64 Packages

Assuming I want to put OpenVPN in Devuan jessie, how do I choose from
the offered packages (i.e. "what are the decision making processes?",
not "what is the answer?"). I'm guessing that my next step will be

$ git reset --hard tags/2.3.4-5+deb8u2

which happens to be the 'Candidate' but I don't really see why I
shouldn't use the version from jessie-backports.

--

73,
Ged.