:: Re: [DNG] Linus can no longer trust…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rowland Penny
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] Linus can no longer trust "init"
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017 23:23:59 +0200
Adam Borowski <kilobyte@???> wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 05:28:39PM +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT
> consult wrote:
> > To be more practical: I'd suggest spinning off a (distro agnostic)
> > non-systemd maintenance project. We'll collect repos w/
> > depotterization patches for all packages (and upstream releases)
> > we're interested in. And any distro can easily join in.
> >
> > Just created a github org for that:
> > https://github.com/depotter
> >
> > Started w/ a pretty trivial case: samba
> > https://github.com/depotter/samba
>
> Uhm, but what's the point in _this_? Samba does the right thing:
> builds systemdD support if and only if its configure script detected
> the headers (which can usually also be forced by --enable-foo or
> --disable-foo).

Yes, there is 'with-systemd' and 'without-systemd', not that either are
really needed, the systemd parts will only be built if the systemd
development libs are installed. I cannot see anybody trying to make it
mandatory to build Samba with systemd, but if anybody tries, I will
just 'NACK' the patches ;-)

Rowland