:: Re: [devuan-dev] (no subject)
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Jaromil
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: devuan developers internal list
Αντικείμενο: Re: [devuan-dev] (no subject)
On Tue, 11 Jul 2017, Ivan J. wrote:

> Everything that needs to be done with the infrastructure is a
> two-night hack at most. I fail to see why there was no time to do it
> over the course of the past few months. I'm pretty sure everyone can
> find a free night or two in a month. If not, maybe it should be
> reconsidered if the unavailable person should be responsible for
> such an amount of work.

Ideally tasks that require access to core infrastructure are to be
facilitate by me, nextime or centurion and that should suffice in
terms of availability. in case it doesn't then we have to (and/or)

- include someone else (you and katolaz are excellent candidates)
- rotate currently available people
- make a calendar of availability periods

yet such interventions need to take place after a collective
assessment of the security of the system and centurion offered that
now with an alternative proposal to do things. I think that while we
need to avoid delays in response, it is important also to chase the
ack and response on these issues, since dan's concerns are valid and
should be addressed.

now we need to agree what needs to be done. once agreed, I can also
act upon it if dan has no time and if i receive also root access on
packages as agreed.

my error in this thread has been that of showing the intention to act
upon your request without making sure there was complete agreement on
the course of action proposed (hence dan's tension) my apologies. i'm
in a full work week and writing from a running meeting.. indeed my
intention was also to read reactions here.

i guess that's enough clarification to carry on?

ciao