:: Re: [DNG] You know, isn't ascii bei…
Góra strony
Autor: KatolaZ
Dla: dng
Temat: Re: [DNG] You know, isn't ascii being more stable ironic to anyone?
On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 12:29:51AM +0200, Adam Borowski wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:35:27PM +0100, Rowland Penny wrote:
> > On Mon, 10 Jul 2017 16:17:40 -0500 golinux@??? wrote:
> >
> > > ascii,samba-libs
> >
> > Don't understand why this is on the list, surely this will be built
> > with the other Samba packages (they get built from the same source
> > code), so why does this still have a systemd dependancy ?
>
> I guess no one got around to adjusting the packaging.
>
> Here's a debdiff (attached) from my repository -- I've got no upload rights
> in Devuan (other than to ceres in a roundabout way :p), but someone can
> apply this; should be good enough.

Adam, please consider getting an account on git.devuan.org, and
adopting the package as a maintainer. Posting patches is very good,
but is not sustainable in the long run. We need maintainers of those
patches, since a new version of each of those "patched" packages is
coming down the line.

Please have a quick read at:

https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=549

for a simple walkthrough in the Devuan workflow. It's very easy to
help in a sustainable way. And, BTW, anyone can become a maintainer.

Thanks!

KatolaZ