:: Re: [DNG] Linus can no longer trust…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Adam Borowski
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Linus can no longer trust "init"
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 01:53:09PM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> * On 2017 10 Jul 12:45 -0500, mdn wrote:
> > Le 10/07/2017 19:29, zap a écrit :
> > > I hope linus does something about it.
>
> As for Linus, I think he'll only do something if he is given an
> ultimatum of supporting only SD's flavor of the week API.

Linus doesn't want to be involved in what userspace you run.
He's also very, very reluctant to break any userspace, so you can expect
sane -- and insane -- systems to continue to work.

He tries as hard as he can to _not_ have a monkey in this fight.

--
⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁ A dumb species has no way to open a tuna can.