:: Re: [devuan-dev] Pending: Things ne…
Página Inicial
Autor: KatolaZ
Para: devuan-dev
Assunto: Re: [devuan-dev] Pending: Things needed doing
On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 10:28:59AM -0500, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2017-07-10 04:56, Ivan J. wrote:
> >As there is no progress tracking kept anywhere, I'd like to at least
> >post here and gather up on what everyone is doing currently, see what
> >everyone needs help with and what we can do to help each other.
> >

> Is there a list somewhere of 'problem' packages that need attention?
>

> >amprolla3 is also logging banned, obsolete, and libsystemd0 packages,
> >which are to be found here:
> >http://amprolla.parazyd.cf/log/bannedpkgs.txt
> >http://amprolla.parazyd.cf/log/oldpkgs.txt
> >http://amprolla.parazyd.cf/log/libsystemd0.txt
> >

> Would it be useful to hilight the libsystemd0 packages for ASCII and Ceres
> so worker bees could get on removing the dependency?
>
> I could post both of these lists on the forum. Might generate some
> volunteers.

Hi,

concerning the removal of libsystemd-deps: I would recommend people to
embark into removing those dependencies from a package only if they
are willing to take over the maintainance of the resulting package. We
know already how to remove libsystemd0 as a dep. What we need are
developers willing to share the load, not to provide only a one-off
run of dpkg-buildpackage.

So please, do not advertise those as "packages fomr which we want to
remove a dep on libsystemd0", rather as "packages who need a
maintainer who is willing to keep them free of any dependency on
systemd".

My2Cents

KatolaZ