:: Re: [DNG] Why did it take Devuan 2 …
Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Edward Bartolo
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: golinux
Kopio: dng
Aihe: Re: [DNG] Why did it take Devuan 2 years to replace systemd?
Like the majority of users of Devuan, at first, when Debian was forked
and Devuan established, it was considered by the rest as a joke that
cannot be taken seriously. The argument was Debian was too big a
distribution to fork and systemd was 'the way to go'. Determination
and perseverance have proven, even a 'bad taste joke', can be taken
seriously.

I have been running Devuan since August of two years ago, and I do not
regret it. Being forced to do Linux the way seen from above, would
have definitely killed my motivation to use a different OS completely.
Devuan is giving me freedom; Devuan is not only about init freedom,
but much much more. Devuan is about placing users' freedom at the
heart of software design. Devuan is not about advertising a product
that users must accept. If it were for that, its creation would have
been useless.

(Albert Einstein)
If you cannot make abstructions about details you do not understand
the concepts underlying them.