:: Re: [DNG] wpa_supplicant - wlan0: N…
Página Principal
Autor: Ralph Ronnquist
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] wpa_supplicant - wlan0: No suitable network found

KatolaZ wrote on 09/07/17 19:18:
> On Sun, Jul 09, 2017 at 12:09:01PM +0300, Lars Noodén wrote:
>> I'm having an intermittent wireless problem on Ascii. On occasion I
>> lose connection to an existing 802.11 5GHz wireless network or cannot
>> reconnect after resuming suspend. It happens only occasionally and I
>> can't yet get it to consistently fail or fail on demand.
>>
>> When this happens, the ongoing output from wpa_supplicant says "wlan0:
>> No suitable network found" and "iwlist wlan0 scan" finds nothing.
>>
>> One thing that does work consistently is to plug in a 3G/4G modem during
>> the wireless failure. Before the modem finishes booting the wireless
>> connection is reestablished. What should I be looking for to try to
>> solve this on my end?
>>

> I am not sure but it looks like a possible driver/firmware/hardware
> failure, IMHO. Maybe you might find something related to your wifi
> drriver in dmesg close to the time when the wifi adapter stops
> working?

You may have checked out https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/pm-utils
already, otherwise it might be relevant advice; they suggest that you
tell pm to unload the wifi module(s) on suspend, and reload on resume.

The method would be the same in Devuan: add a file as
/etc/pm/config.d/modules with the one-liner, for example

SUSPEND_MODULES="iwlwifi"

(replace iwlwifi with the wifi module(s) you have)

Ralph.