著者: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
題目: [DNG] Systemd: Once again the "not-a-bug" attitude, this time regarding a security issue
Hello.

I am more and more considering finally switching to Devuan for all of my
systems.

The "not-a-bug" attitude upstream developers, especially Lennart, show in

systemd can't handle the process previlege that belongs to user name
startswith number, such as 0day #6237

and

[systemd-devel] Github systemd issue 6237
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2017-July/039154.html

*again* IMHO is inacceptable for security issues like this.

I read in german Linux-Magazin that KDE Plasma basically works in Devuan
Jessie… but I am on Debian Unstable with my laptop. And there seem to be
issues with automounting… On my Jessie-Server VM I could just cross-grade to
Devuan Jessie, it was running with sysvinit for a long time anyway. My VM for
the backup is Debian Stretch already.

Well… maybe I finally arrive at the point where I say goodbye to Debian and
hello to Devuan, at least for the time being.

Thanks,
--
Martin