:: Re: [DNG] Broken packages in Ascii,…
Página Inicial
Autor: Miroslav Rovis
Para: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Tópicos Antigos: Re: [DNG] devuan packages explorer
Assunto: Re: [DNG] Broken packages in Ascii, how to fix? (Beware of Debian Stretch) WAS: devuan packages explorer
On 170705-10:25+0100, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 05, 2017 at 04:15:11AM +0000, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
>
> [cut]
>

> > t@gdOv:/home/mr# ls -l /etc/apt/
> > total 32
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 283 2017-07-03 18:15 apt.conf
> > drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 2017-06-29 19:48 apt.conf.d
> > -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 99 2017-05-15 23:23 listchanges.conf
>
> [cut]

> >  build-essential : Depends: libc6-dev but it is not going to be installed or
> >                             libc-dev
> >                    Depends: g++ (>= 4:6.3) but it is not going to be installed
> > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

> > So, I do have issues and broken packages...
> >

> Hi Miroslav,
>
> you must have mixed Devuan repos with other sources (either now or in
> the past).

Yes, I have. More appropriately, I had mixed them (past perfect tense)...

And I say so in the dev1galaxy.org forums (repasting the link, and the title of it...)

Broken packages in Ascii, how to fix? (Beware of Debian Stretch) / Installation / Dev1 Galaxy Forum
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1115

and in the first topic of that link there is open admission to it, as well as to why I did it...

For clarity, so people who skim don't have to go there (and actually to tell
more), it was because in Jessie, I didn't have FFmpeg and MPlayer/Mencoder, and
then I needed somewhere to update in Air-Gapped verifiably, and didn't know
Stretch (which then was the Debian Testing) was a danger for updating Jessie...

> Please check. If this is the case, one way to get back to a
> proper Devuan ASCII is by following the same procedure detailed here:
>
> https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/message/20170628.160400.b98c6ead.en.html

I will also consider that suggestion...

But first, since I don't want to, in my lack on understanding, ruin if to even
greater degree, I want to allow for recovering from my mistakes into the same,
but to-the-bit same condition to start from, and even a few times, if need
be...

I.e. I will first dd' dump this this old MBR-HDD and MBO installed, actullay
cloned-to from my same MBO Air-Gapped (they're btwn 12 and 15 yrs, I do have a
much more modern two or more same model EFI MBO-systems to which I will migrate
to --some 5 yrs old only-- but I will migrate to them later)...

I.e. I will first dd' dump this this old system, so I can try even a few times,
all times again from to-the-bit same state... I'm a big fan of backups...

Thanks!
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia