著者: Lars Noodén
To: dng
題目: [DNG] [solved] Re: USB ethernet device disappeared on Ascii
On 07/05/2017 12:17 PM, Alessandro Selli wrote:
[snip]

> There are no Ethernet controllers in the list. See if unplugging and
> re-plugging it produces log messages, and if it does see if they document
> anything strange.
>
> You could also try to use the adapter on another machine, or boot the PC
> with a different kernel.

Yep did both actually. I had even tried power cycling the device.
However, after I left it unplugged, without power for a longer period
and then plugged it in again it showed up. So it looks like it was
hardware-related.

Anyway, thanks for helping walk through it.

I hope that it is not flaky hardware or that if it is that it fails hard
early in this warranty period.

Regards,
Lars