:: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: KatolaZ
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
On Tue, Jul 04, 2017 at 01:08:24PM +0200, Alessandro Selli wrote:

[cut]

> Right, which brings up the issue that you cannot produce a distibution
> without an initramfs because, among the other problems, some of the drivers
> it comes with, some of which are needed to mount the root filesystem, do need
> a proprietary firmware. What one can do on his own PC does not constitute a
> solution for the distribution.

Uh? Which are those proprietary drivers needed to mount the root
filesystem? AFAICT, Linux-libre is able to mount almost any
filesystem, from almost any existing storage device, without requiring
any proprietary binary blob at all.

The only problem here is supporting some wifi devices and some video
cards. The only non-free binary blob I have installed is iwlwifi,
which is not at all needed at boot.

HND

KatolaZ