:: Re: [devuan-dev] expired certificat…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Daniel Reurich
A: devuan developers internal list
Assumpte: Re: [devuan-dev] expired certificate on git.do
On 03/07/17 11:44, parazyd@??? wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Jul 2017, Daniel Reurich wrote:
>
>> Hi Jaromil.
>>
>> Fair enough. It pisses me off that they don't respect their own terms.
>>
>> I think maybe it's time to look at getting a second host up and running
>> so we can start testing live migrations and also move things like files
>> off digital ocean and perhaps move the qemu-arm* builders off fulcanell
>>
>> I'd suggest the same spec, but straight away add a 16 IP address block
>> to it.
>
> What is the actual usecase of 16 ip addresses?

The server is setup as a vmhost and as part of a ganeti cluster. We
will need an IP addresses for the public vmguests to be accessible.

Part of the offering for this server is up to 16 IP addresses for free
which can be shared with other servers we order from this provider -
allowing us do things like live migration and fail over etc.

The problem is that we bought 2 single IP's because they did not have
any larger blocks available at the time. I had been slow migrating from
and relinquishing the single IP addresses we had - thus causing the
problem, although the provider says in their documentation and confirmed
in their FAQ that we should only pay for the number of IP's over and
above 16, and we are paying for the whole block of 16 which is a problem.

It may be better to get a new server with a clean block of 16 IP's
attached to that, and then work on the ganeti live migration facilities too.

Then we can reassign the IP's between the servers as needed.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.