:: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Alessandro Selli
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Il giorno Wed, 28 Jun 2017 19:38:11 +0200
Didier Kryn <kryn@???> ha scritto:

> Le 28/06/2017 à 15:40, Stephan Seitz a écrit :
> > And today you should always encrypt your discs.
>
>      I don't see any reason to encrypt /usr. You might like to encrypt
> /etc because it contains user names and (already encrypted) passwords.
> But definitely there is no reason to encrypt everything.

Valid reasons to encrypt /usr include:

1) /usr resides on the same partition as / and/or /home (trivial case);
2) protecting its files from being tampered with when the device is offline;
3) making harder to someone who can access your offline HD understand which
partition is /, or /usr or /home, so that the attacker will have to try to
decrypt them all;
4) you put stuff in /usr/local that might contain keys/passwords/sensitive
information that would better be kept protected.