:: Re: [DNG] systemd: good riddance!
Top Pagina
Auteur: Jaromil
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] systemd: good riddance!
On Fri, 30 Jun 2017, Aldemir Akpinar wrote:

> On 30 June 2017 at 09:14, Nate Bargmann <n0nb@???> wrote:
> > * On 2017 30 Jun 00:55 -0500, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> >
> >> Maybe it's me, but what the hell is a DNS resolver doing inside an init
> >> system?
> >
> > The same thing that a time sync (NTP) daemon is doing in there...
> >
> > - Nate
> > <snip>
>
> And these lads still think that they can do a better job rewriting all
> these daemons.

If you wait by the river long enough, the bodies of your enemies will float by.

- Sun Tzu

Besides the riddance, what I'm really worried by is that these lads
are not waiting to demonstrate their qualities, but selling them
already to an industry which often runs mission-critical services -
namely Red-Hat does provide the infrastructure for several public
sector operations, also here in Europe.

Last not least, its clear to some of us since years now that these
lads want to restrict ABI access and build a full vertical stack that
puts a machine completely under systemd's control from its boot - a
sort of revamp of the "trusted computing" weird techno-fascist dream

Before you think I'm crazy in writing what I wrote, please have a look
at the US patent 20150040216-A1 "Systems and Methods for Restricting
Application Binary Interfaces" filed by Paul Moore, Dan Walsh and
Lennart Poettering on behalf of Red Hat inc.

So to conclude I'm afraid that the bodies floating by in this war will
be many more than those of our "enemies".

ciao