:: Re: [DNG] WARNING! DO NOT APT-GET U…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] WARNING! DO NOT APT-GET UPDATE/UPGRADE ON ASCII
On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 15:59:05 -0400, Hendrik wrote in message
<20170628195905.GA975@???>:

> On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 07:58:13PM +0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> >
> > ..if apt-get upgrade fails you, aptitude upgrade might work and
> > vice versa, they solve package conflicts differently.
> > Safely? See above. ;o)
>
> That's not the problem. aptitude and apt-get use the same
> repositories.
>
> The problem is that at the moment, ascii contains the wrong
> packages. Packages you allllmost certainly don't want to install.
>
> As far as I can tell at the moment, they might even require systemd.

..correct, that messy clean-up we're facing is why I mention the fact
that apt-get and aptitude solve package conflicts differently, that
difference may come handy when you get stuck solving dependency
conflicts using one of the 2, trying the other tool often (but not
always) fixed my problems.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: