:: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Stephan Seitz
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
On Mi, Jun 28, 2017 at 06:55:37 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
>> Yes, and this will not work with new-school methods like disc
>> encryption because something needs to ask you for the password.
>What exactly about LUKS is incompatible with use of a kernel compiled to
>include all key drivers including those to find the root filesystem
>(thus eliminating a dependency on initrds)? Nothing in

That the kernel can’t find the root filesystem if it is encrypted? And
the kernel lacks the capability to ask you for the password.

>Anyway, I don't want to encrypt all discs on my Linux server for

Well, server may be a special case.

>numerous compelling reasons, and I'd rather not have a LUKS root
>filesystem on my Linux laptops, either.

Well, I want it. First, you can have keys in /etc for VPN for example.
Second I don’t want to think about which partions are „safe”.

Besides if your disc controler dies you can’t easily delete the data. If
everything is encrypted you can simply through away the disc.

Many greetings,

    Stephan

--
| Public Keys: http://fsing.rootsland.net/~stse/keys.html |