:: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Quoting Stephan Seitz (stse+devuan@???):

> On Di, Jun 27, 2017 at 10:57:16 -0700, Rick Moen wrote:
> >Step 1.  Compile a kernel that includes inline all key drivers including
> >        those needed to find the root filesystem.
> >Step 2.  Profit!
> >That's the old-school method.

> Yes, and this will not work with new-school methods like disc
> encryption because something needs to ask you for the password.
>
> And today you should always encrypt your discs.

What exactly about LUKS is incompatible with use of a kernel compiled to
include all key drivers including those to find the root filesystem
(thus eliminating a dependency on initrds)? Nothing in
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Dm-crypt/Encrypting_an_entire_system
appears to absolutely require an initrd, for key storage or anything
else.

Anyway, I don't want to encrypt all discs on my Linux server for
numerous compelling reasons, and I'd rather not have a LUKS root
filesystem on my Linux laptops, either.