:: Re: [DNG] grsecurity ripoff by Goog…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Rick Moen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] grsecurity ripoff by Google, with Linus' approval WAS: I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
Quoting Arnt Karlsen (arnt@???):

> ..I may have missed their complaint in todays research, the common
> "cred" or "credit" compaint I saw in my 11 years at Groklaw, was the
> BSD-style cred fly-by screen "not being shown", which may have formed
> a bias between my ears. ;o)

My understanding of the recurring complaint Spengler and friends had
against Wind River, Google, VeriFone, Intel/ARM, etc. was that they
used old grsecurity/Pax 'stable' patchsets (sometimes with backported
fixes) applied against old, buggy kernels, thereby creating the
impression in downstream users' minds that grsecurity is buggy and
rather moldy. (As I said earlier, the cynical interpretation of this
complaint is that they wanted to get paid.)