:: Re: [DNG] grsecurity ripoff by Goog…
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: parazyd@dyne.org
A: Bruce Perens
Cc: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] grsecurity ripoff by Google, with Linus' approval WAS: I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017, Bruce Perens wrote:

>    > You are allowed to redistribute the patch legally, but you shall
>    > simply lose access to future patches. One could call it blackmail,
>    > another would call it a business move.

>    Do you work for [1]grsecurity.net or do you have first knowledge of
>    this fact? I think a pretty good case could be made that this is an
>    added term under section 6.

I do have first-hand (informal) information from Brad (spender). When
buying the patches and support from Grsecurity you are signing a
contract. On IRC it was mentioned that you will lose access if you
redistribute, but you are in no way restricted from redistributing.

Very few people have actually seen the contract, and it is only given to
parties that are grsecurity customers.

GPL2 (Section 6)

--
~ parazyd
GPG: 0333 7671 FDE7 5BB6 A85E C91F B876 CB44 FA1B 0274