:: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Don Wright
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] some ASCII issues
John Morris wrote:
>As for rescue, in the before time when the /usr split occurred, cheap
>live CD/USB stick rescue media was not an option. It is now.

Just teleport into the datacenter on the other side of the planet, or the
office building where your after-hours key card doesn't work because all
cards were cancelled following the alleged burglary last week*, or do some
other Herculean task, and insert that healing potion.

Not all critical systems live with their caretakers. --Don

*Yes that second example happened to me last month. Nobody bother to tell me
until I learned by (not) doing. The first happens often enough to systems in
the adjacent city, but at least it's only an hour or two away.