:: Re: [DNG] apt-file update fails to …
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Dmitrii Kashin
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] apt-file update fails to update
Jaromil <jaromil@???> writes:

> dear Joel,
>
> tl;dr : known bug since long. CenturionDan is working on it with a
> final strategy to solve it. Please use bugs.devuan.org next time!
>

> On Sun, 30 Apr 2017, Joel Roth wrote:
>
>>      E: The cache is empty. You need to run 'apt-file update' first.
>>      You have new mail in /var/mail/jroth
>>      $ sudo apt-file update
>>      Ignoring source without Contents File:
>>        http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie/main/Contents-amd64.gz
>>      Ignoring source without Contents File:
>>        http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie-updates/main/Contents-amd64.gz
>>      Ignoring source without Contents File:
>>        http://auto.mirror.devuan.org/merged/dists/jessie-security/main/Contents-amd64.gz

> this is a known bug since long now, due to the way Amprolla 1 was
> done. Recently, because of this and other discrepancies, CenturionDan
> is investigating the adoption of dak for the main Devuan repository, a
> solution that will solve this bug and some other glitches.
>
> Amprolla will stay as a handy tool to be used by derivative distros
> with a small subset of changed packages and a rewrite/cleanup is also
> being lead by Parazyd.
>
> While its useful to mention here the plans unfolding, I recommend
> using bugs.dyne.org to report bugs and always search on it if there is
> anything already open on the subject
>
> thanks!

Sorry for old thread up, but I'd like to add an opinion. This bug has
been known at least for a year. If the fix is so difficult in the right
way (in Amprolla), why don't we hack it?

AFAIK the problem is that Amprolla just return redirection to the main
archive, so we just don't have a normal pool for the merged repository.

But here[1] we have a pool for Devuan's packages, for all packages
forked from Debian. We could just use apt-ftparchive to create Contents
file here, then download Contents of the mirrored Debian repository
(f.e. from here[2]) and merge them. It seems to be quite an easy
solution until Amprolla is ready.

Wrote this today in the bug[3]. Waiting for the answer.

PS: BTW, what is the preferred way to communicate about bugs? I see you
have bugs.devuan.org, but git.devuan.org seems to be more active.

[1] https://auto.mirror.devuan.org/devuan/pool/main/
[2] ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/jessie/main/
[3] https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/amprolla/issues/11#note_9596