Til: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] Xfce4 task uninstalled on upgrade to ascii
On 17 June 2017 at 02:15, KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 01:54:53AM +1000, Tom wrote:
>
> [cut]
>
> Hi Tom,
>
> apt-get is telling you what is the problem (there are several packages
> which were automatically installed and are no longer required, mostly
> due to the dist-upgrade), and how to solve it (just run "apt-get
> autoremove --purge").

Thanks. I've run that command to purge the packages and all seems to
still be ok with the xfce desktop as far as I can tell, so no problems
there.

> > I had the task-xfce-desktop package installed because I selected that
> > during the initial installer package/task selection screen.
>
> OK, but tasksel-* are virtual packages, used only to pull in a certain
> number of other packages required for a certain "task", e.g., a
> complete desktop environment. Once the tasksel-* pakcage has done its
> job (i.e., asking apt to install all those packages), you can safely
> remove it.

That makes sense I guess. Can we also get the tasksel and task-* package
versions in ascii updated to be equal to (or greater than if any changes)
to the package versions in jessie? That would avoid the issue of
having to uninstall/reinstall after upgrade if people want to keep those
task
packages installed. I'll try and file a bug report with reportbug for that.

> > I've also noticed after upgrade that xfce4-terminal has a broken UI. All
> > of the menu bar buttons are mashed together without any spacing in
> between,
> > and the vertical scrollbar has disappeared. I would post a screenshot
> > somewhere, but I'm not sure where is the best place to put it for a
> mailing
> > list.
> >

> It would be good to have those bugs filed to bugs.devuan.org. Dunno
> what's the best way to reference to a screenshot there, though.

I'll see how I go with reportbug but I've never used it before so might
take a
while to work it out. Does the devuan/debian bug tracking system allow
image
attachments? Is there a way to interact with it from the webpage, not using
reportbug command or email?

I've also noticed that other apps don't have the scrollbar either.
Firefox ESR has the scroll up/down buttons at the top and bottom but no
movable
bar in between. Firefox also has the dodgy menu issue that plagues
xfce4-terminal.
Xterm/uxterm doesnt have a scrollbar showing up but I can still scroll with
the
touchpad.

Mousepad/Libreoffice don't have any issues so it doesn't seem to be a
system-wide issue.

-- Tom