:: Re: [DNG] Xfce4 task uninstalled on…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: KatolaZ
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Xfce4 task uninstalled on upgrade to ascii
On Sat, Jun 17, 2017 at 01:54:53AM +1000, Tom wrote:

[cut]

> I'm guessing you could be right on that. Not entirely sure how I would
> check that. I'm not sure if any of the below packages are required for xfce
> to operate correctly or not. I could probably just take a punt and remove
> them to see what happens, but I'll leave that for next week when I have
> more time to spare if it goes pear-shaped.
>
> The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer
> required:

[cut]

> Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.

Hi Tom,

apt-get is telling you what is the problem (there are several packages
which were automatically installed and are no longer required, mostly
due to the dist-upgrade), and how to solve it (just run "apt-get
autoremove --purge").

> I had the task-xfce-desktop package installed because I selected that
> during the initial installer package/task selection screen.

OK, but tasksel-* are virtual packages, used only to pull in a certain
number of other packages required for a certain "task", e.g., a
complete desktop environment. Once the tasksel-* pakcage has done its
job (i.e., asking apt to install all those packages), you can safely
remove it.

> I've also noticed after upgrade that xfce4-terminal has a broken UI. All
> of the menu bar buttons are mashed together without any spacing in between,
> and the vertical scrollbar has disappeared. I would post a screenshot
> somewhere, but I'm not sure where is the best place to put it for a mailing
> list.

It would be good to have those bugs filed to bugs.devuan.org. Dunno
what's the best way to reference to a screenshot there, though.

My2Cents

KatolaZ