:: Re: [DNG] An option should be provi…
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Joachim Fahrner
A: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] An option should be provided in the installer for avahi and friends
Am 2017-06-16 02:10, schrieb Taiidan@???:

> "rpc.statd A daemon that listens for reboot notifications from other
> hosts, and manages the list of hosts to be notified when the local
> system reboots"
>
> I see no reason as to why this should be turned on or even installed
> by default

rpc.statd is part of nfs-common, and is necessary for nfs to work. You
can search for packages that installed this with "aptitude why
nfs-common". Maybe it was installed as optional package and can be
removed if you don't need nfs.

> and the same goes for avahi

avahi is not installed on my system. You can search which package
installed it with "dpkg -S <avahi daemon>", and then "aptitude why
<packagename>"

Jochen