Til: dng
Emne: Re: [DNG] human reaable package index
On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 06:46:24PM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:

[cut]

> And sometimes I do want to know what packages are in ascii or ceres
> instead of the jessie that's specified in my sources.list file.
>
> Is it difficult to convert the packages.debian.org software that Deban
> uses? Or is it just a matter of too many things to do?

Hi Hendrik,

we are having a go at providing something similar to the neat web
interface you see on packages.debian.org. The main problem in using
Debian's stuff is that it is pretty much entangled with several
infrastructure pieces that we are currently missing (tracker, qa, ...)
and some other pieces that we have replaced (e.g., buildd where we are
using jenkins, alioth where we are using gitlab, and so on...).

We discussed it and it might be actually easier to have something
simple, built from scratch, which is tailored to our own needs. This
is the same strategy we have used so far for the BTS and for the
popularity contest: use what we can, simplify as much as we can, ditch
off bloats or redundant functionalities, and, overall, KISS.

Any help with that would be very much appreciated.

HND

KatolaZ