:: Re: [devuan-dev] Building derivativ…
Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: parazyd@dyne.org
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: devuan developers internal list
Υ/ο: Merlijn, Ivaylo Dimitrov
Αντικείμενο: Re: [devuan-dev] Building derivative distros on the Devuan Jenkins CI
On Wed, 14 Jun 2017, Jaromil wrote:

> hello!
>
> On Wed, 07 Jun 2017, parazyd wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone.
> >
> > Cc'd to this email are Merlijn (Wizzup) and Ivaylo (freemangordon). I am
> > not sure if they are subscribed to the ML, so please keep them Cc'd.
>
> ok. please be welcome to join the ML if you can bare yet
> another... its low traffic (for now) as a lot goes on irc as well
>
> > We have (relatively) finished the code for the new amprolla that
> > Centurion_Dan said was needed for derivatives to build packages on the
> > Devuan CI infrastructure. The code can be found on:
> >
> > https://git.devuan.org/maemo/amprolla/
>
> this third rewrite is awesome, thanks!
>
> > A Devuan repository generated using this instance is living and
> > constantly being updated here: http://amprolla.parazyd.cf/merged
>
> using it already on two machines, no flaws!

The only thing that worries me is what happens when there is a lot of
traffic and if `apt update` will seem broken if an update is done while
a merge is in progress.

> > We would like to know what are the next steps for the maemo
> > community to start building packages on Jenkins. Most, if not all,
> > packages are ready to be built and just need to be included in the
> > loop.
>
> I think as a first step we need to make sure all the current scripts
> that are running on jenkins are versioned into a git repository. I am
> not sure that is the case. Both me and Centurion have access to
> ci.devuan.org to check this.
>
> > Can you tell us what needs to be done on our part and your part to
> > get this going? What would the timeframe for this be? We hope to
> > start doing it as soon as possible, hopefully next week.
>

> devs here may already be aware of the DECODE project, whose
> development also converges into Devuan and pays some of us.
>
> in DECODE the schedule is to have a first "DECODE OS" release by end
> of august (which will be based on Devuan) so indeed we shall start
> quick as it is ideal to have also DECODE custom packages built on our
> CI. We may do without and present a single build made with the SDK,
> but its really worth trying to unlock the development on the CI and go
> forward also for MAEMO I guess.
>
> So, good call.
>
> here are the relevant packages in git so far
>
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/devuan-releasebot
>
> https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/jenkins-debian-glue
>
> on the other end there is amprolla and I guess some way to recognise
> the +devuan versioning on packages, which may have more strings
> attached then for specific builds.
>
> we need to review the above two packages and also make a coherent plan
> to handle a +package-version namespace between jenkins and amprolla

For maemo we were told we will be using the Devuan CI, not hosting our
own. I am not sure if this is related to us?

--
~ parazyd
GPG: 0333 7671 FDE7 5BB6 A85E C91F B876 CB44 FA1B 0274