:: Re: [DNG] reportbug default bts
Página Inicial
Autor: Nate Bargmann
Para: dng
Assunto: Re: [DNG] reportbug default bts
* On 2017 05 Jun 02:07 -0500, KatolaZ wrote:
> Hi Nate,
>
> thanks for your email. The issue is known. That string is saying you
> that reportbug was unable to fetch existing relevant bugs from
> bugs.devuan.org. The reason is that reportbug expects to find a SOAP
> service running on bugs.devuan.org, that we have not activated
> yet. The reason we have not activated it yet is that Devuan is an
> opportunity to get rid of bloated stuff, and using a SOAP query to get
> a list of bugs that can be retrieved without a SOAP request is bloat,
> imho.
>
> You can still ignore the message and carry on with the report, for the
> moment.

That's unfortunate. Without being able to query the BTS, how am I to
avoid duplicate reports unless I check the Web site first? How can I do
a followup to an existing report through reportbug?

The package I was checking is flashplugin-nonfree which I found later is
Devuan bug #69. Without an update from upstream Debian, it will be up
to us to provide a patch and a package that tracks the current Flash
version, if possible.

(Yes, I generally abhor Flash, but others in the family need it for
sites I don't visit).

- Nate