Skribent: Haines Brown
Til: dng
Gamle-emner: Re: [DNG] lost ability to execute (somewhat resolved)
Emne: Re: [DNG] lost ability to execute
On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 01:47:54PM +0100, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> Hello Haines,
>
> On Fri, 9 Jun 2017, Haines Brown wrote:
>
> >I'm moving from Debian Wheezy 32-bit to Devuan Jessie 64-bit ... [*]
>
> I'd say that probably does qualify as stressing the installer, even if
> it's only ever so slightly. :)
>
> * Apologies, spelling of 'Devuan' corrected for the search engines.
>
> >... aptitude tells me xorg is not a real package. [...]
> >Is xorg still the way to install xserver?
>
> https://git.devuan.org/dev1fanboy/Upgrade-Install-Devuan/wikis/Minimal-xorg-install

Wow! That was it! I missed the fact that I could no longer simply
install xorg as on Wheezy. Must of missed the relevant README. With the
information you kindly supplied, xserver and window manager install
without any problem. Many thanks.

Haines