:: Re: [DNG] Onscreen keyboard
Pàgina inicial
Autor: Joachim Fahrner
A: aitor_czr
CC: dng
Assumpte: Re: [DNG] Onscreen keyboard
Hi Hendrik,

I tried several keyboards, but most are very buggy. matchbox-keyboard is
in the Jessie repository and is the one that works almost, but it's not
very usable. It's not configurable and always starts in a tiny window
and has to be resized before it can be used.

Florence is nice, but is in some way in conflict with openbox or tint2.
When Florence is running, the panel is dead.

Am 2017-06-07 16:23, schrieb aitor_czr:

> Hi Joachim, El 07/06/17 a las 14:00, Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> escribió:
>
> On Tue, Jun 06, 2017 at 02:41:04PM +0200, Joachim Fahrner wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> can someone recommend an onscreen keyboard (for use in tablet mode) with low
> dependencies and no systemd?
>
> There used to be one that was part of X. Is it still around?
>
> -- hendrik

Hi found this one:

https://github.com/Xlab/matchbox-keyboard

You need to install *libfakekey-dev*

After building the sources, it didn't work for me at the first time. But
doing a symlink in "/usr/share" pointing to
"/usr/local/share/matchbox-keyboard" it worked.

Here you are a screenshot:

http://gnuinos.org/matchbox-keyboard.png

Appearently, the snag is its limitation in respect of configuration
(only for US keyboards).

Cheers,

Aitor.