:: [unSYSTEM] i read the news today
Góra strony
Autor: aimee@aimeemaree.com
Dla: System undo crew
Temat: [unSYSTEM] i read the news today
Today in the media in Australias broadcaster they published this http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-01/silk-road-ross-ulbricht-confirmed-lifetime-jailbird-appeal-loss/8578000

The Australian article goes on to talk about TOR and other technology as being used solely for crime no mention of anything positive or good that it could possibly be used for

In the USA I noticed https://www.wired.com/2017/05/silk-road-creator-ross-ulbricht-loses-life-sentence-appeal/

which goes on to talk about the judges stating how whilst not believing in the length of the sentence or severity and even to the point that society may look back later on this judgement as overwhemlighly harsh they must uphold it

Interesting the judge stated in the future we will look back and see it as harsh...

at the same time I had many people sending me this toxic article https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2017/05/blockchain-of-command/528543/ and argue points within it… though it was not the first time just now the voices where the many like seeds in the pomegranate

on another note every bitcoin or blockchain meeting I head to in these past few years speaks consistently of the money they will make and the miners or increasing the blockchain and money oh money and money every now and then I meet the one odd one out and am able to have an actual conversation

tonight I was wanting to share a poem from my favourite writer Kahlil Gibran but whilst travelling I do not carry any books, but alas the internet was at my finger tips and I was able to pull up the book and read it to my friend and I revelled in the beauty of it, and I remembered the lights in the library where I first discovered him as a young child and how I was forced after many years of hiding them to hand them back over so my sister could borrow books for her school work and the pain and longing of the years I went without them and the desperate feeling like I had lost something, and the decade I spent searching through newage book stores to try to locate some of them again...

all the torment of finding these books I had forgotten now but a flake of a memory, as now hes books are found in the nakedness of their text online for free.. yet reading them online I remembered the beauty in my ears and heart when I first found love on pages…

We have but the knowledge of all the great prophets and writers and lovers at our finger tips we have the history of all the movements without needing to locate the library of Alexandria and the torture of the travel upon our bodies… what an amazing time to be alive…

then a sense a deep sadness fell upon me, here we have all of this greatness at our finger tips and the average man and woman can not even bother to google the history of Bitcoin let alone the masters of language and the beauty of the prophets… this past year I have sat back and watched alot of technology I helped to create and code on the web be turned around and used by bots to spread conspiracy theories and algorithms take over how people receive their news… I sat in my room alone infront of the machine that once gave me such pleasure and belief in the future be turned against me… like a child programmed to be turned against its own mother… and I sat there all alone in tears crying for that moment I felt truly alone for who was I able to share this with in my hour of need it was me and my algorithms.. and I wanted to scream at them I wanted like a father to take them over my knee and spank them, I wanted to make them see their fallacies… but it was I who created them so it was only I was to blame and I could not be angry at my creation I could only feel a great sadness...

then I felt anger at my fellow man for selling out, then after my anger which lasted for ages as rage always tends too... I looked at the artefacts in my life I had fashioned and the sadness it left me with and realised I too had sold in many ways be it by fear not pride but in many ways they are both as guilty as each other…

then sitting there having coffee with my shadow on a street which is every street in every city, I felt within myself a sense of shame that I had been silencing much of my tongue…

then the flood of deep thought feel over me, how do we change things when we have so much knowledge but no one even bothers to read the history of bitcoin, then a wave of realisation, how do we change things without even needing that to occur…

I have long felt that we have politics of personality and what was once the great idea of democracy has turned to the reality of corpocracy, and the comfort of the cynicism I have felt for many years flew away…

where to go to from here… be angry… be sad… be afraid… but none of them will solve the problem…

I am a programmer therefore a creator I guess all I am left with is the capacity to create something new… I once thought that I could not share my philosophy with many how stupidly elite maybe if I find my tongue again I will also find those who believe technology should be democratised for the many.. then again maybe I am just an old fool.. but there is freedom in being a fool much more then sitting at the golden tables of the kings...