:: [devuan-dev] bug workflow
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jaromil
To: devuan-dev
Betreff: [devuan-dev] bug workflow

dear developers,

I have concerns on what workflow we shall be establishing to follow up
on bugs reported via our BTS but also via gitlab.

First let me say that while we understand the importance of the BTS
and its integration with reportbug, many of us find gitlab a much
handier instrument carry on adding patches and keeping in touch with
other devs and reporters.

Some of us lack understanding of how the BTS should be operated, via
mail ok, but then there are perhaps some headers to be fixed? is there
a concise guide for that or we shall write it extracting information
from Debian's docs?

Also as a generally agreed rule on how things should go, I propose the
following workflow:

1- bugs reported on gitlab are followed there
2- bugs reported on the BTS are:
  a. commented upon there
  b. closed on BTW if immediately solved or #notabug
  c. moved to gitlab if requiring patching and code reviews and forks
     by replying to the BTS with a link to the gitlab followup

do we agree on the above? are there any observations, anything I'm
missing?

thanks

ciao