:: Re: [devuan-dev] Vote: udev vs. eud…
Inizio della pagina
Autore: parazyd
To: devuan developers internal list
Oggetto: Re: [devuan-dev] Vote: udev vs. eudev
On Tue, 16 May 2017, fsmithred wrote:

> On 05/15/2017 09:03 AM, parazyd wrote:
> > Since I think the eudev package is now fairly ready, I'd like to ask you
> > folks to test it (can be found in the experimental repository[1]).
> >
> > If all goes well, I'd like to call out a vote on whether this package
> > should replace udev in Devuan jessie/ascii and be our default
> > implementation of udev. Provided the outcome is positive: the udev
> > package would have to be blacklisted in amprolla/dak.
> >

> > Let me know :)

> I think it's too soon to make eudev the default for ascii. But I plan to
> make some live isos with eudev for people to try.
>
> Also, if udev in ascii is causing problems, I might easily change my mind.

Keep in mind we are releasing an ascii alpha, not a stable version. With
this we are able to test and figure out if there are any blockers. udev
is a part of systemd and it will cause problems in the long run. To me
it also seems ridiculous to run a very old version of udev (before the
systemd coup I believe) in ascii - where you are supposed to get
current-date software.

--
~ parazyd
GPG: 0333 7671 FDE7 5BB6 A85E C91F B876 CB44 FA1B 0274