:: Re: [DNG] reportbug default bts
Top Pagina
Auteur: KatolaZ
Aan: dng
Nieuwe Onderwerpen: [DNG] what if we simply mirror all non-linux Debian archs (hurd-i386, kfreebsd-amd64 and kfreebsd-i386) "and see what happens?" ; o), was: reportbug default bts
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] reportbug default bts
On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 11:49:14AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> No it doesn't. apt get dist-upgrade must pay attention to your current
> config files, some of which might have been constructed four major
> versions ago and have little current relevance. After dist-upgrade,
> you're very likely to have ghosts of versions past. That's why I clean
> install: I'm an elder in the Church of the Known State.

dpkg never removes modified config files automatically. If your
current file is different from the one provided with the standard
package, you are always asked what you want to do with it.

> Listen, if you want to use apt get dist upgrade, that's fine. You're
> the kind of person that option was made for. But please don't denegrate
> the positions of people who won't dist upgrade, and please don't
> suggest (as someone else did earlier in this thread) that dist upgrade
> should be considered due diligence before submitting a bug.

Joel suggested that "apt-get upgrade" (note the absence of "dist")
would be advisable before submitting a bug for a distro that is
undergoing some heavy change (as happened to jessie, and as usually
happens for a testing branch), and that is actually a good suggestion,
since some of the bugs filed in the BTS in the last few weeks are
irrelevant to jessie RC (they were present only in jessie beta2, and
some of them only in jessie beta).

Nobody has denigrated anybody else :) Several people have simply
reported that your fears might be somehow unjustified, but nobody has
offended or insulted who does believe otherwise.

HND

KatolaZ