:: Re: [DNG] cleaning before upgrade
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Didier Kryn
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] cleaning before upgrade
Le 14/05/2017 à 14:11, Hendrik Boom a écrit :
> On Sun, May 14, 2017 at 08:08:51AM +0200, Didier Kryn wrote:
>>      apt-get dist-upgrade is what's necessary to change release - as the name
>> means -, eg Wheezy to Jessie or Jessie to Ascii. This is why it should
>> rarely be used, and only after carefully editing sources.list. It's a jump
>> into the new. Dist-upgrade always worked fine for me and I consider this as
>> one of the greatest achievements of Debian's package management technology.

>>      I would recommend some clean-up before the jump. For example I would
>> uninstall things like mysql server which doesn't recognize any priviledge to
>> root. Also Debian tended to install a lot of packages the user doesn't want
>> and even doesn't know, so better get them out before the dist-upgrade
> This can be difficult.  There are oodles of packages.  It can be hard
> to know which ones you are actually using, especially if they are
> libraries, or they are invoked using an icon on a so-called desktop.

     Some review of installed packages is usefull from time to time,
ideally just after install, but before upgrade is also a good
opportunity. In synaptic, you can easily review the packages which are
"manually installed" and try to uninstall the ones you don't want; you
will be warned if this removal breaks something usefull.

     'apt-get autoremove --purge' will get rid of all packages which
were once installed only to satisfy a dependency but are no longer needed.

     Didier