:: Re: [DNG] reportbug default bts
Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Arnt Karlsen
A: dng
Asunto: Re: [DNG] reportbug default bts
On Sat, 13 May 2017 16:16:48 +0100, KatolaZ wrote in message
<20170513151648.GF14814@???>:

> On Sat, May 13, 2017 at 11:03:18AM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:
> > On Sat, 13 May 2017 01:06:38 -1000
> > Joel Roth <joelz@???> wrote:
> >
> > > Long before three weeks ago. I don't usually upgrade or
> > > dist-upgrade unless there is some particular need.
> > > Probably I'm not alone, even if that is not considered
> > > best practice.
> >
> > I never dist-upgrade. From what I hear, it breaks things. If I feel
> > the need to dist-upgrade, it's probably time to back up, reformat
> > the disks, and clean-install a later version.
> >

> Just to avoid confusion, in this specific case there was no need at
> all to dist-upgrade. A simple apt-get upgrade would have pulled the
> correct version of reportbug.
>
> And since it has been mentioned, dist-upgrade does not break anything,
> if done correctly. I had a desktop which went from etch to wheezy,
> without a single reinstall, and several other machines which saw at
> least three different releases, again without a single reinstall. This
> is what people mean when they say that De??an is "rock-solid",
> "reliable", and "durable".
>
> HND
>
> KatolaZ

..I came in woody time from the cold dropped Red Hat 7.3, I've
dist-upgraded from woody and sarge to sid/wheezy, and from lenny
to sid/Jessie. Only reason I left SuSE-5.2 (It rocked!), was
I didn't know how to do "insmod -v sb16" to get audio. ;o)

..I've only had 2 things break, hardware and pöttercode, first
pulseaudio and then systemd, but the biggest problem for me was
DD's abandoning their packages on leaving Debian, months before
I even realised I had a systemd problem.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: